Last modified: October 2020
Grupo Vassi (collectively referred to as “Grupo Vassi” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any website operated by Grupo Vassi (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Grupo Vassi is made up of:
- Bufkor, Incorporated; and
- Chippenhook Corporation – including Chippenhook Services LLC.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- When you visit any of our Websites, and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you shop online, we capture information through cookies and similar technologies, you can manage these when you visit our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and any of our Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you comment on or review any of our products and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Grupo Vassi offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- If you have a web account with us we will also keep a record of your login password for your security;
- Transaction information when you request products or services from us, such as personal account number or credit/debit card number and purchase information;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our Websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies
- When you’ve given third-parties permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or provide us in other ways (e.g., when you contact us or place order for products and services on our Websites). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You will be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here [INCLUDE AS LINK TO DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Grupo Vassi, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you and give you the best customer experience.
- To process any orders that you make by using our Websites. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us by sending an email stating your request to the address listed at the end of this policy.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How is Your Information Shared
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bufkor, Incorporated’s or its affiliates’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Grupo Vassi about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Grupo Vassi, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our Payment Processor
Stripe, Inc. or its affiliates (“Stripe”) will be processing the transactions and payments related to any products you purchase from our Website. If you purchase products from our Website, your personal data will be collected and used by Stripe for the purposes of completing your order.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the address listed at the end of this policy.
- Promotional Offers from Grupo Vassi. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Grupo Vassi to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the address listed at the end of this policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Grupo Vassi as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the address listed at the end of this policy.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email to the address listed at the end of this policy to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How Long We Use Your Personal Information
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit here.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please email your request to the email listed at the end of this policy. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Our products and services are not directed to, or intended for, children under the age of 16. Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email listed at the end of this policy.